Silic8 MF2 is a vapour open premixed mineral filler and light duty adhesive. Silic8 MF2 can be used for fine filling, skimming and adhesion, typically mineral substrates, historic plaster, stone, brick etc. Used in combination with our penetrating solutions, MF2 bonds with substrates while remaining vapour open. It can be used in combination with our other Silic8 products. MF2 can be sanded and gives an ultra-fine finish. Patent pending. MF2 is available in UN certified containers.
MF2 is water-based, has no odour and is non-combustible and vapour permeable. It is a natural mineral and water-glass filler adhesive and free from any other co-binders such as solvents, acrylic, gypsum and cement. MF2 Silic8 Filler can be used directly on substrates that contain silica, or can be applied on non-silica substrates where PS1 penetrating solution is used.
Use to fill defects and cracks in situations or as a light duty adhesive to re-attach or repair plaster details, tiles or brick etc. The filler has excellent bond strength and is easy to sand or trowel to a finish. The vapour open characteristics are classified as Class 1 (high)
- Substrates must be clean and dry and free from any loose material prior to application.
- Test a small area for suitability with your specific materials before use*.
- Do not use in damp conditions.
- Do not use on contaminated surfaces, extreme environments or in any unusual circumstances. Do not store or use in extremes of temperature (<5C or above 30C).
- Protect surrounding surfaces, particularly glass.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature. Do not store, or use in temperatures <5C or above 30C.
- Can be applied with a trowel, spatula, pallet knife or tube applicator, vary according to application.
- Allow to cure for up to 36 hours depending on temperature and applied thickness.
- Do not overfill. Fill deep areas in layers for best results, allow to completely dry between layers.
- Silic8 vapour open liquid primer penetrating solution (PS1 or PS2) is recommended prior to application, especially on problematic or highly adsorbent surfaces.
- Allow to dry completely before further application or decoration. Drying time is 6-36 hrs depending on temperature, substrate and type of application. Decoration with vapour open paints such as mineral silicate paint is recommended.
- Wash splashes, tools and brushes with water.
- Dispose of all surplus material in accordance with your local regulations (EWC 06 02 99).
- Cleaned tins are 100% reusable and recyclable.